Thursday, February 09, 2006

Weather Wonders & Wow


"He sends his orders to the world-- how swiftly his word flies!
He sends the snow like white wool, he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes....
Then, at his command, it all melts."
-- Psalm 147:15, 16,18 --
Today was an awesome reminder of the greatness of God, His power & His sovereignty-- we had a huge snow storm around 11 a.m. -- pretty unusual in the speed that it came (here's a city view from my kitchen window/door). It was a good chance to also say: "Thank you, Father, that just as the snow fall is orchestrated by You and well-timed, so do You order my life, my days & my circumstances for Your glory. Nothing is by accident, or comes too early or too late. Make that so, even more, in me this week!"
Now in the afternoon, look how things have melted! It's just above freezing and, frankly, now that I'm more used to the cold, I don't feel the need to wear gloves when just getting in & out of the car.
"God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We cannot comprehend the greatness of his power. He directs the snow to fall on the earth
and tells the rain to pour down.
Everyone stops working at such a time so they can recognize his power."
-- Job 37:5-7 --

1 comment:

Blythe Lane said...

Snow...what's that?!? I can't remember the last time we've seen snow in these parts! Very cool pictures.