Thursday, February 16, 2006

No Blah or Blues on Mondays


On Monday the Bible discussion group, which I attend at the Quergasse Nr. 1 pub, had our last 'session' of the semester-- here is who was still there a bit after the evening had winded down: Sebastian, Maria (co-leader), Vera, Thomas (leader) and yours-truly! I think partly because it's a fun place, & the music is 'happenin' -- also the building is a few centuries old (plus Thomas likes the chili), students like to come. I know that for me it's really a joy to hang with these guys.

I'm looking forward to what God will do next semester (beginning April) when our Connexxion group adds yet another weekly discussion group -- from 4 groups to 5 (& this semester the FOUR was already a 'world record' for us! wow!). Thanks, God! I do love Mondays-- know why? What's amazing to recall is that when we began the group in 2000 we were first 1 group, meeting in my apartment on Monday nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, you probably don't remember me but we had several great conversations several years in a row at Glorieta conferences through the BSU. I still place a lot of stock in those conversations about reaching a tough sell, post modern crowd :)

It's encouraging to see your small groups multiplying like that. I'm placing you on my blogroll so that I can keep up with what's going on in Deutschland...