Monday, April 30, 2007

Birthe is a new friend I met last week but who had written me when I was in Florida.







My new church is the largest of the German Baptist churches. Our "Friedenskirche" church library is in an open lobby area by the worship center. The cafeteria downstairs is used for coffee time between services, a lunch on Sundays (price 3.50 Euro), as well as a bistro in the evenings, after the innovative "Fiesta" worship at 6 p.m. The associate pastor, Karsten, and his wife Mirjam are super nice, and his speaking is excellent.
There are 3 Mensas (main cafeterias) for the colleges in town, and I ate at this one, too, last week, near the physics and zoology buildings. Many people prayed that my kitchen would be installed properly when I was away, so here is proof of the good news! You may notice that the circle appliance there is a clothes washer (on the far left, you can't see it, is my dryer-- yes-- in the kitchen!)

No comments: