Monday, April 30, 2007

Fun times at the "farm"

We don't live at a farm... I'm just speaking figuratively of my home in Florida. In fact, I'm basically a city girl, who almost freaked out when I was told years ago that I would be doing my language school for about a whole YEAR in Cloppenburg, a city of JUST 30,000 + people (it turned out great, though). So, now that I'm away, I'm trying to catch up with my blogging before turning to more recent events. Here are some lingering, back-blogging shots of life at "home" (well, ONE of many of them) & good memories of family and friends!

I helped out some Sundays checking in children for Crosspointe Church, where my brother is pastor. The kids get a little security tag for their parents to pick them up with. I worked in Sunday School at "the Ark" for 2, 3 or 4 year olds. Aren't they darling?

And here I am being interviewed for just about 10 minutes on a radio show through called Drive Time, where a friend of our family, Bill, talks about recent world events from a Christian standpoint, and Florida politics.


We had a couple of big 'spring cleaning' events at my parents' home. AHHH! Not my forte, but we all lived through it. The yard is spread with hundreds of things to sort through. And the storage room is partly un-cluttered (at this point of the photograph). Then came the reward-- making MONEY at the yard sale, which was in the neighborhood where my friend Lillian lives! The rest went to charity. One thing that I found hard to part with (but did)-- an old microscope that had belonged to Mom when she was going through medical school. I remember her gathering pond water in Kentucky, trying to keep us kids entertained "at the farm" of my grandparents, out in the country. She showed us how interesting it was to see God's handiwork, looking at amoeba or a drop of blood under the scope.

Then there were a couple of "let's do Europe" evenings, without leaving the area, with Bruce and Heather. Once we heard live music at the Metro, a coffee house in Sarasota. Another time, on a windy evening, we drove to Ceviche, a Spanish tapas restaurant with lots of flair in St. Pete. Across the street was the St. Pete Yacht Club and harbor. You gotta love Florida! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Martha!
Always so good hearing from you and about the work God is doing in your April 30 post.
We pray for you often!
Lucy
North Run Baptist Church

D C Bryant said...

You look so cool with those radio headphones on Martha!!!!!