Saturday, March 24, 2007

Beach Bums

Forget how "the other half" lives around the beaches of Florida... with yachts and high-end waterfront houses. The good part is, that anyone can enjoy this beauty God made --without an admission ticket.

Sadly, the other day a young guy at the gas station asked me a question, which i basically ignored at first- He asked: "Where's the nearest beach from here? Is it open?" I thought to myself: "What?! What kind of question is that!? He must be filming something for a 'Most Stupid People at Gas Stations' Candid Camera episode or something! Like you can CLOSE the OCEAN..." When I hesitated & asked about it, he said, "I'm not kidding. Look at my license plate-- I'm from Georgia and there sometimes the beaches are closed!"

Well, this week I was granted a great vacation spot and enjoyed it overnight with my good friend, Lillian, who was on spring break from teaching her 1st graders.

Here's me being lazy and sitting on the balcony from our room in my robe, drinking OJ.

If the sharks don't get you, the sunsets are spectacular (our balcony was screened in; thus, the photo has a somewhat fuzzy appearance! ha!)














No comments: