Monday, March 06, 2006

Vision Trip - Glorieta

This week I'm taking off to the States with a group of students and staff for our annual (4th year now!) "Vision Trip." It's a great way for us to tank up spiritually, and to gather ideas about ministry in another setting, with innovative churches and student ministries. Then we can compare and contrast philosophies & methods, and get a fresh perspective on how we can 'tweek' our personal lives and walk with God, as well as the Connexxion ministry in Germany.

We leave 1st for Ft. Worth, then Norman, OK (1 night each place) and then on buses with the Oklahoma University BSU to Glorieta, New Mexico (see photo above of worship center). For one week we participate in a spring break conference for 500 collegiates. Max and Sandra Barnett (see our team in 2004 in blue shirts with Barnetts) first challenged me in 2002 with the invitation to bring a group! Thanks, Max!

This is the team from last year. This year I will be one of the seminar leaders discussing how to start new groups from scratch. A new twist this time-- after the conference, instead of returning to Norman, we'll travel by train to Los Angeles. I ministered at the USC campus for 2 years with Neil and Melinda Walker. Christian Challenge is our campus ministry host for 6 days. Then the weekend will be spent at Huntington Beach, hosted by my former church Seabreeze Community, getting a vision for church planting. I really covet prayers for my final preparations & for the trip itself! Wanting God to give me a fresh vision of what He has in store for me these next months.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Can't wait to see y'all in a few week!
Deanna

Susanne said...

Yea! we get to hang out soon!

Jenny said...

I had so much fun with you this last week! You are all on my heart.

Holly said...

We LOVE having you and your studnets. It is so amazing to make friends with people you only see once a year! Thank you for the sacrific you and the students make to come with us. You're always welcome!