Wednesday, March 01, 2006

evening in the cellar

Last night we celebrated the semester's end with our main discipleship group. (see me, with Conny & Lydia R. above). These are also the students who sacrificially serve in leading our small groups and helping organize parties, monthly worship & special events. It was a relaxed time to 'treat' them to a special dinner in an OLD cellar of stone walls and vaulted ceilings. Man, these are the quaint places that just 'hug' me with beauty & European history! Not to mention the fun of laughing and chatting with friends. Mario is left- he'll start a 5-month internship w/ troubled youth in Dresden next week. (see Stefan & Alrik, right)

2 comments:

D C Bryant said...

where did you all eat? looks like it was so much fun! I miss German food alot...ah, Grill Teufel!

Anonymous said...

Martha,

I've read in the "Economist" an article about Jena the other day and it made me think of you and your ministry. I am still in Vancouver, hopefully finishing school next year. It seems like that God has been doing some great things in Jena. Just wanted to say hallo. Blessings, Frank. (From Weimar-Gastmahl des Meeres:)