Saturday, July 15, 2006

service with a smile

We take pictures of celebrities, wondrous sights, friends & special moments. A week ago i asked a friend if i could take his picture because i wanted to remember his generous act of kindness.

Here's how it started: one Monday night after our "First Steps" group, I shared in my kitchen my puzzlement about how to get rid of some stains on my gray tile floor. Peter said he'd check with a family member about it, and bring some special cleaning fluid. The next week he'd returned, with spray in hand AND a heart to begin the task for me-- (what?!!) The change was radical-- but then those 6 tiles stood out REALLY white-ish gray in contrast to the rest of the floor! About 2 weeks after Peter called me: "Can I come over today and finish?" His only "payment" (after about 4 hours work) was a Dr. Pepper (harder to find here!). Danke schön!
"For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to
serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many
.” (Mark 10:45; New Living
Translation)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,

Now that is service with a smile. Hooray Peter! PTL!!

The larger photo of Peter doesn't come up when it is clicked, in spite of it is supposed to -- the open hand indicates a larger photo is available but doesn't show. Just thought you would like to know.

jim washburn