Monday, July 10, 2006

New Views

I will be moving in the fall, to Braunschweig. I thought I'd share some views of my new city with you. (see also my article entitled "Potpourri") The photos are taken on my first trip there in May, as I was researching and praying about this move. I can't really tell you what the buildings are yet, but it will give a short look around as I saw things...







On the left, I went inside a shopping mall in the downtown.

I do love fountains!


Old historic churches are fascinating to visit.

But especially great is when you can attend a very COOL and relevant church every week! This is the largest Baptist church in the nation, with over 700 members. It's name is the Peace Church ("Friedenskirche"). One of their 2 full-time pastors is making an announcement on stage. (It's also unusual for a church to have 2 pastors).

On the Technical University campus there are 2 or 3 Mensas (word for university cafeteria).

Deanna is pictured here with Ansgar, a very kind student who showed us around one morning, in front of some science buildings (well, since this is a technical university, there are a LOT of science buildings and special research institutes!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha,

Bin leider nicht eher dazu gekommen, aber der ´just baptized´ blog ist echt toll ;)
Den Fotos von Braunschweig nach zu urteilen, ist die Stadt doch echt schön! Bin mir auch sicher, dass du von netten Leuten dort noch viel mehr gemütliche Ecken gezeigt bekommst! :)

Ganz lieben Gruß, conny