Monday, February 05, 2007

Re-connecting: St. Louis

I had a marvelous time in St. Louis recently with my good friends & fellow "Baylor Bears." We've sort of followed one another a bit over the globe. We met in Texas; lived in the Tampa Bay area; & at one point they were working in Europe for awhile when I was living in Germany.


I had the honor of learning to play Attacktix (action figures, super heroes) with one of the boys. (Well, yes -- i lost miserably!) We had lunch at "The Hill"-- an Italian district filled with restaurants & delis.

Trampoline city-- for a birthday party we went to a place that has multiple trampoline areas, where you can play dodgeball or simply jump your heart out (the sign read, 10 minutes of jumping is like 30 minutes of jogging). I believe it!

I met for a coke with 3 precious people from Bethel Church which supports Anja, who used to serve on Connexxion staff & is studying now at Southwestern Bapt. Seminary. She & I got to speak here together 3 years ago.

Then, on Sunday I spoke at a church where 4 members who play in a bluegrass band had given a concert at the church in north Germany where I was in language school. That was over 7 years ago, but, thanks to email, we were able to keep in touch (note the Germany display on the front Lord's Supper table!). Yep, you heard it right-- bluegrass in Missouri! This is in the town of Hermann, which has a German heritage & has its own Octoberfest each year!

No comments: