Saturday, December 09, 2006

More Fotos in Oklahoma


Some varied other shots of my recent visit to Oklahoma... where SURPRISE!!-- the snow storm rolled in faster than they could remove this sign, where once green grass grew and pesticides ran wild...

And I was invited to eat pizza for Tuesday lunch with a group of awesome guys! Brandon organized it, & there I am in the middle of David (our 2005 semester intern), Beck, Christoph (from Deutschland! yea!), Brandon & Tony (who visited us in Germany this year). These men all have a world vision which challenges me to pieces!

We're not making this photo too big, but here I am with "the bear" who growled at me (in love), Josiah, my host for the week. And me in my "alien" costume! SCARY! (Ok... niece & nephew-- Georgia and Jeffrey can make this photo bigger and know I'm hugging them, too!)

No trip to Norman would have been complete without seeing Sandra and Max Barnett! They invited Maria and me to lunch (Mexican - which we both loved!). They are pretty much legends around the campus ministry circles-- multiple ministries have been started by their alums or former staffers. And many churches & campus groups inspired by their heart for discipleship-- literally around the globe! He and my dad first met in Ft. Worth many years ago and have been life-long friends.

No comments: