Friday, June 02, 2006

More Berlin

Since I was in Berlin on two back-to -back Saturdays in May, I have a bit of photos-- one time I was on a bus tour with singles from a conference-- so except for stopping ONCE for 30 min. all the shots were from a moving bus-- ahhh! The next weekend was when my friends from Tampa came; then I did my best to give them a driving tour, but also to stop when needed to get a better look! On both trips a stop was made at the Brandenburg Gate-- which by the way is also where there is a Dunkin Donuts just down the lane -- a rarity here in Germany-- yummy!

The Berlin Cathedral... we call a cathedral a "Dom" in German, which maybe is where the English derived their word to describe how the roof on a big church looks, all rounded (a "dome")?

The East Side Gallery consists of graffiti type (but planned) paintings adorning the east side of the Berlin Wall, that once separated the city. I loved seeing this piece of history and am SO glad that everyone didn't tear down the WHOLE wall back in 1989. But frankly, it would be just too cool to have a real piece of it. Aren't you glad for how God did a total miracle, and days after Erich Honecker said the wall would stay for another 100 years, it got torn down?! I'm awesomely thankful to the Lord to be able to live here, and to share about Him in total freedom.


The Spree River runs through the city... I guess you can take a boat tour on it, too.

There was some sort of protest going on ("demonstration" is called in German a "demo"), so our tour bus had to make a detour to make way for the huge Soviet tank -- keine Ahnung what they were doing! (= "no idea")

Well, thanks to an evening with some fun girls, hazelnut coffee, and a DVD ("Pride & Prejudice"!), I'm staying up ridiculously late... and need to say good night, folks!

No comments: