Monday, May 29, 2006

Berlin & Friends


My good friends Uncle Buster & Aunt Doris S. from Tampa were recently here, visiting a few days. Now they're on a Reformation Tour with others from their church. (This sweet group, by the way, showered me & my colleagues with goodies from the US-- such as grits, Pam spray, oreo cookies, & a Tampa company Vigo yellow rice).

I picked them up in Berlin and we toured around for a day. On the left is Checkpoint Charlie where they controlled traffic in and out of the formerly split city of Berlin. The Brandenburg Gate is still a highlight to see!

Sebastian, a friend from Jena, also accompanied us and helped me give the tour (i really do not know my way around there well). He is praying about where to move to, to continue his studies in civil engineering, and wanted to check out a local college.

No comments: