Friday, December 23, 2005

Winter "Pics"

I thought some of you might like to see a sampling of winter pictures, showing tidbits of what I've been up to the last couple of months in the fall of 2005! Here goes... Our college student fall retreat in November with the theme "A Heart Like Jesus" had a record number of participants.

Special friends Bevan and Rebecca Unrau from my "home church" in Huntington Beach, CA came for a brief visit (on their way to Africa).

Fresh off the plane and despite jetlag, we visited the Wartburg Castle in Eisenach, where Martin Luther translated the entire New Testament in just 10 weeks!

The "Dom" (cathedral) in Erfurt, about 1 hour away, is just spectacular as is the Christmas market beneath it on the square-- filled with dozens of booths selling bratwursts, hot wine and cider, tree ornaments, candles, wooden toys, & pottery.

The Christmas party for the Connexxion group packed 45 people into my apartment! Here I am with Mathias (from my English class) and Conny (the hostess of our Bible discussion group on Wednesdays, which I lead).

The Wed. Bible discussion group took some crazy photos at our last group time before Christmas, saying good-bye to Anja and David.

Couldn't leave town without having a Christmas present time with my little 'niece' (Georgia) and 'nephew' (Jeffrey Davis)! Their cool parents Jeff and Deanna and I serve together on our team in Jena. I said "Ho, ho, ho" as I came in!

1 comment:

D C Bryant said...

Your life looks like so much fun! I am jealous, and by the way: MERRY CHRISTmas