Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Adios" & "Auf Wiedersehen"

So long-- farewell--
auf wiedersehen...
Saying "good-bye" is tough. Especially if you're single and move around a fair bit, like I have (Tampa to Waco... back to Tampa, Ft. Worth, Vancouver, L.A., Tampa, Cloppenburg, and finally Jena). I really like change, to some degree, and enjoy the adventure of new places and faces! Starting up new ministries or brewing up a fresh project is a joy to me. But there's a down side. Someone eventually will make a change, a transition. Either the other folks-- for instance college students, whom we know for sure are gonna move in mass numbers, and with whom I work!! -- or myself. Somebody moves and there is no one person who stays around "for good" who moves with you. It stinks sometimes! And this year has been no exception.

Here's a tribute to those VIP's who have blessed my life in Germany and made an impact on me, whom God has led to new horizons! And whom I miss. Julie Bradfield, my teammate for 2 years, moved back to Tennessee in February (above, 2nd from left), and now works on staff organizing mission trips for hundreds of students at Union University. David C., who arrived in August as an exchange student and volunteered with Connexxion, just returned to finish his international relations degree at Oklahoma Univ. Yes, the crown is a reminder that he's "König David" (king) around here.

Last but not least, my friend of 5 years and colleague of 3, Anja Geilert, is moving Jan. 1st to Ft. Worth to study campus ministry & theology at Southwestern Baptist Seminary. I wore my cowgirl boots at her going- away party 2 weeks ago, while she wore a handmade (cardboard) Texas belt buckle! I am truly excited for each of these friends in a new phase of life and wish them the Lord's amazing, super grace for each day!

No comments: