Thursday, December 22, 2005

I Love COFFEE!


Yep, I love coffee... decaf, not too weak, flavored (Hazelnut, Mocha or Vanilla, for example), Milchkaffee (like a Latte, but in Germany). At Starbucks in the US and Canada, or Bagels & Beans or Stilbruch in Jena, Germany.

I sometimes joke with people, when they ask what I do for a living, "I get paid to chat with people and drink coffee!" This is also a common response I give when folks ask me what my hobby is! Talking. And drinking coffee. I routinely get to talk about BIG stuff, too -- things that matter and change the world -- purpose in life; relationships; what excites you; motivations; travel & missions; how Jesus makes a huge difference; stuff that just ticks you off; or things that make you cry.

I hope that my coffee dates over the next year continue to engage myself and others in relating more closely to God... and challenging us to press toward the goal of a much higher calling. Loving God first! Then loving all persons; serving many; & training a few to be and make disciples.

P.S. Photos are of Alrik & me at the Christmas Market in Erfurt ... and with my friend Maria at our Connexxion retreat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if I'm second to comment, I say to Martha, "Drop by for some coffee when you're in the neighborhood. Our neighborhood? Where the West begins, of course."

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! He's the reason for this season and reason for my life.