Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A fun welcome HOME


Home can be different things to different people-- but returning to Sevilla after a stressful time (5 weeks) related to my mom's passing... was, well, really coming HOME! And some very special friends helped me feel right AT home. First I was picked up by a dear colleague family of 6, plus 2 new interns with our organization, who had just flown in 2 hours before me! Also, I got a fun surprise in my apartment building's entrance lobby, when i came from the airport... "SURPRISE" was the greeting from behind a column! 4 awesome student friends had taken down the old Christmas decorations I'd left up, cleaned my apartment, gotten me a flowering plant, and made a 2-course meal!! They are active in our Connexxion group: Abraham (Spain), me, Jake (from Wyoming), Lea (from Germany) and Sierra (Oregon).

No comments: