Sunday, October 01, 2006

The pipes or the "Bagpipe" is a fascinating instrument, consisting of several parts, which apparently is quite complicated to play or for which to write music. Frankly, I would enjoy a little lecture on it. On the other hand, I'm satisfied to hear an all SO moving bagpipe band drone on (they can be really LOUD if you're near just one piper when he practices) & roll out a to-the-skies- calling, thrilling, pompous highland song! Don't you love the full, white beard on this piper? I really admire the idea, in any culture, that one knows WHO one is, and where one comes from. That's cool! I wish I could trace my heritage way back. The idea of a huge clan, a large family. Hmm. Isn't that one thing that is so attractive to me in what God offers us in the Church? Fellowship & belonging. When you see everyone wearing his/her tartan, then I just imagine that most of those folks up in the Highlands know all the tartans & can tell you what your last name is!

Me? I just wore a classy plaid skirt I'd gotten from the Brooks Brothers outlet store in Florida, which had no connection whatsoever with my family tree.

No comments: