Saturday, October 01, 2011

Moin, moin

This past week we had our annual summer (staff) retreat. This time it was in a village on the North Sea, about 4 hours from where I live ... with 11 of us living & worshipping in a 3 apartments together (sigh- we were missing 3 staffers this time).
Anja gives me SOOO Much support and wise counsel. And is a great friend. When we were all exhausted from the meetings, and had waved good-bye to the other 3 cars, I still wanted to enjoy the surroundings (without the pressure of getting back to a meeting). She & Kris agreed so we walked into the village, strolled into shops & had ice cream.
No, this is not Holland, but has a similar landscape in north- western Germany.
The small pillars are to break up the waves if there is a storm, so the dike will hold up. Where you see the water is NOT beach... it's a concrete shoulder.
More photos to come as soon as I can get them from our staff friends... my camera battery got left in our living room in Tampa re-charging when I flew out-- whoops!

No comments: