Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Days in Germany (again...)

Random highlights of some of my first days in Germany (again), which have been full of work, some fun, too, and moving in. Above are some of the Connexxion group at a good-bye party for Marc (front, rt., in his new university T-shirt) ...a night riding bikes around town, with Inga, Anja, Sabrina & Stefi-- enjoying an public exhibition of art in the form of "light", on various ponds and the River Oker...
a small example of the mess (still about 15 boxes to go here... plus need for hanging pictures, curtains, etc.)
Lydia lovingly making sense out of my kitchen boxes... We knew each other when she studied in Jena!
My friend Miri, with whom I made this same photo in 2007, my first Sunday at church (along with a couple other students) ... here we are again!
Some of the crew from Connexxion group who came to pitch in during moving day... (me, David, Birthe, Anja, Stefi, and Marc)Inma and I paddled a paddleboat along the River Oker, beside lovely houses and parks, when she came from Sevilla for a visit! (you notice how cold August is)...My move-in day - early arrivals to help were Bernd, from my church, along with Anja bringing a coffee maker for the movers and staying the whole day (& coming most days afterwards to help out)!, and engineering student Marc (even though he needed to study for exams), to give counsel about where to put different cabinets & appliances in my kitchen.

No comments: