Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flamenco party


Inga & Carlos are looking very dramatic? And aren't Carmen & Yasmin getting into the mood with those decorated fans??! ( Did you know that women really use them nowadays, in the heat of the summer?) This region of Spain is known for flamenco dancing and a famous festival every April in the city-- a fair lasting all week where women dress in flamenco dresses and people dance a famous style of dance called "sevillanas." And guess who is in that flamenco dress of green & red on the left??
So, using that theme, we hosted a Connexxion party at our apartment in late April. Inga did an excellent job helping get the living room looking like the inside of a fair tent!

2 comments:

Robert and Joyce Hayes said...

Hello, I am interested in your flamenco themed party ideas. I live and work at Americas Keswick Christian Conference Center in New Jersey. Our ladies luncheons this year have been a world tour theme, and next month is Spain, I had no idea where to start and I found your blog while researching on the internet. I'm going to pursue your fan idea for favors. Thanks for posting your blog about your party. God Bless you as you serve our Lord!!!!

martha said...

Hi Joyce, was trying to figure out how to respond to your note-- thanks so much-- glad that the ideas are something that you can use at Keswick! What an honor!! We have Keswick down here in Florida (where I am with my family at the moment for a few weeks). Would love to be able to share more about what i am doing in spain. My email: gomartha@pobox.com