Tuesday, March 03, 2009

how the day starts in spain


What could be more typical in Spain, to start the day, than friends & café con leche? It is often served hot in a glass (not a mug). Coffee with milk, half and half doses. And believe you me, mine is always ordered with MORE milk, which is called a "manchado" (= "stained"). And on the other side of café con leche is coffee with just a touch of milk (they order a "cortado" meaning "cut"). Or you can drink full-blown espresso, black (be my guest!). 
Inga & Yasmin & I recently had morning coffee with a good friend José María, & his high school buddy Germán (on left).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through the Wednesday Window on the World. My wife and I lived in Spain for two years as ISC. I sure do miss the Cafe con leche! Thanks for serving the Lord among the students there. God bless you!
Dave Channell (Blackshear Place Baptist Church, Flowery Branch, Georgia).